Whitsyms Nursing Service refers Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) as needed for home skilled nursing care or private duty nursing.
Whitsyms is a state licensed nursing registry most often providing referrals for in home nursing to our patients requiring home healthcare.
The Licensed Nursing Services include:
- Evaluation of patient’s physical and emotional status
- Evaluation of patient’s family and household members to determine their ability to cope and care for their loved one
- Carrying out the physician’s “Medical Plan of Treatment” and reporting patient’s progress to their physicians in a timely manner
- Infusion Therapy (IV’s)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (Tube Feeding)
- Dressing Changes
- Teaching (Injections, Suctioning, etc.)
- Medication Pours
In Home Nursing
Licensed Nurses provide an initial evaluation at the start of service to ensure quality of care. The nurse then provides instruction to the family/patient and care provider(s) regarding the patient’s situation and what services to perform. In Home care nurses are committed to helping patients make good decisions about their care by providing them with reliable information about their conditions and adhering to their Physician’s medical plan of treatment. Whitsyms Nursing Service has been providing quality referrals for in home nursing since 1992.